ORCID® is an independent nonprofit organization working to ensure that everyone who participates in research, scholarship, and innovation is uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations
What is ORCID?
ORCID is an independent non-profit organization that provides a persistent identifier – an ORCID iD – that distinguishes you from other researchers around the world and a mechanism for linking your research outputs and activities to your iD. ORCID is integrated into many systems used by publishers, funders, institutions, and other research-related services. Learn more at orcid.org.
Why have an ORCID iD?
Registering for an ORCID iD is a very simple process that can result in many benefits.
- It allows you to connect all your research contributions and affiliations
- Removes the risk of mistaken identity
- Saves you time – you enter your information once, but re-use it many times
- You can improve recognition for you and the products of your research
- It makes your research products more discoverable
- You control your information – what is connected and how it is shared
- You can satisfy the increasing number of organizations that require ORCID iDs
- Free to register and use
Use your iD when you
- Publish articles and datasets
- Register for meetings
- Perform peer reviews
- Apply for grants
- Create email signatures, web pages, CVs and more
Your ORCID iD
Your ORCID identifier belongs to you. You will be able to use it link your research and publication activities with all the organizations you work with.
By granting ASU permission to store your ORCID record in our system, we will be able to assist you in displaying your ORCID iD on ASU profile pages, and keep your research and publication activities updated for your research grant and collaboration opportunities.