What is an Electronic Research Notebook?
- Research data management and organization: You are able to manage and organize all of your research data and information in one place.
- Searchable: ERNs can be searched by keywords or tags and even by the contents of files.
- Portability: The cloud-based platform can be accessed anywhere, anytime from both iOS and Android devices.
- Sharing: Data can be accessed by your research group and collaborators.
- Inventory: Samples, reagents and consumables can be kept up-to-date in an easy-to-use visual display.
- IP protected: Intellectual property is protected with third party data and timestamps.
- Data security: Content placed in LabArchives is accessed using SSO. It is encrypted in transit and at rest as well as backed up 12 times a day.
- Compliance: LabArchives meets FDA 21 CFR Part 11, HIPAA, NIST 800-171, GLP, ISO and many other standards.
- Seamless: Files, photos and documents can be moved directly into ERNs and stored.
- Quick start guide: Research
- User roles and privileges
- Organizing your notebook
- Setting up your research lab
- Video tutorials
- FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, Vernier Logger Pro, Typeset, SnapGene, Qeios integration
- Upload files from your computer or designed drop boxes of instruments in your lab to a notebook or folder within LabArchives
Who can use the ERN? How much does it cost?
ASU’s license offers the software at no cost to faculty, researchers, staff and students for research activities. ASU has licensed LabArchives to help you improve the quality of your lab notes and to process your findings more efficiently.
Where will my data be stored?
Our ERN is a cloud service, accessible using a standard web browser. LabArchives hosts all of its software and customer data at Amazon data centers located in two regions: the primary is U.S. East (Virginia) and their failover is U.S. West (Oregon). Data is always stored within the United States and does not travel outside of U.S. borders.
Who owns the data? How secure is the data?
Our agreement with LabArchives includes extensive security and legal protection of your data as well as your intellectual property. Security and availability of research data is a top priority for ASU and LabArchives, and there are numerous technical and administrative safeguards in place. Refer to the data considerations page to explore if LabArchives meets your needs.