ASU research data management services
Knowledge Enterprise, in partnership with the ASU Libraries, is able to provide research data management consultancy services and support for Arizona State University research projects. We can assist with the preparation of data management plans, undertake technology needs assessments for your project, provide subsidized computing resources and data storage, and assist with data publication. Contact the Research Data Management Office for assistance.
What is research data management?
Research Data Management is the organization, management, publication and preservation of the products of research. Research products result from our scientific and scholarly research and may include: field observations, specimens or other materials collected, computer software, simulation models, imagery, and metadata (information about these data). Together these research outputs will comprise one or multiple datasets that contribute to peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and other publications.
Supporting your research data needs
Knowledge Enterprise, the ASU Libraries, and other departments across ASU can provide data science and data management support for your research. These units are able to provide expertise in these areas:
- Technology Needs Assessments (TNA) – if you have a complex, collaborative project, you may need to use lots of different technologies. A Knowledge Enterprise research data manager can advise you on the systems, tools, and skills available to help you be successful.
- Data management plan support – we have data manangers who understand what funding agencies expect to see in data management plans. They also know the services you can include in your proposal to reassure the funding agency that your data will be managed effectively and made available when the grant finishes.
- Research information management tools and consulting services – we have a varieties of tools and technologies that will help you manage your data and document your research.
- Resilient project storage – secure storage that you can dedicate to storing your research data. This is particularly useful if you expect to create or collect large amounts of data.
- Statistical data analysis services – we have data scientists on who can advise on the myriad of statistical analysis techniques you might need to properly understand your data.
- Geospatial data services – units in the Library and the School of Geospatial Science and Urban Planning can assist with the creation of geospatial visualizations and map applicaitons.
- Scientific programming services – if you are using our research computing facilities, we have data scientists who can help with the programming needed to get the most out of this tremendous resource.
Don’t try and do this on your own. Take advantage of the support available to you. Contact the Research Data Management Office for assistance.