ASU Research Data Solutions
Knowledge Enterprise, in partnership with the ASU Library, provides research data management services and technology solutions for Arizona State University research projects. We can assist with the preparation of data management plans, undertake technology needs assessments for your project, provide subsidized computing resources and data storage, and assist with data publication. We are also developing new services to provide a broader range of support for our research community. Contact the Research Data Management Office for more information.
What can we do for you today?
If you know what you need, you can go straight there! If not, you are welcome to submit a general request for information or advice. You must be signed in to ASURITE to submit some of these forms.
Supporting your research data needs
Knowledge Enterprise, the ASU Library, and other departments across the university can provide data science and data management support for your research. These units are able to provide expertise in these areas:
- Technology Needs Assessments (TNA) – if you have a complex, collaborative project, you may need to use lots of different technologies. A Knowledge Enterprise research data manager can advise you on the systems, tools, and skills available to help support your research activities.
- Data Management Plan support – we have data managers who understand what funding agencies expect to see in data management plans. They also know the services you can include in your proposal to reassure the funding agency that your data will be managed effectively and made available when the grant finishes.
- Research information management tools and consulting services – we have a variety of tools and technologies that will help you manage your data and document your research.
- Resilient project storage – secure storage that you can dedicate to storing your research data. This is particularly useful if you expect to create or collect large amounts of data during the life of your grant.
- Statistical data analysis services – we have data scientists on who can advise on the myriad of statistical analysis techniques you might need to properly understand your data.
- Geospatial data services – units in the Library and the School of Geographical Science and Urban Planning can assist with the creation of geospatial visualizations and map applications.
- Scientific programming services – if you are using our research computing facilities, we have data scientists who can help with the programming needed to get the most out of this tremendous resource.
- Data publishing and preservation – the ASU Library has data publishing and curation experts willing and able to ehlp you publish your data, including providing a persistent identifier for citation purposes.
You do not have to do this on your own. Take advantage of the support available to you. Contact the Research Data Management Office for assistance. If we cannot help you directly, we will help you find a support unit that can.
Research Data Management Office
- Stevan Earl
- Research Data Manager, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Information Manager, Central Arizona-Phoenix Long-term Ecological Research Project, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Instructor, School of Sustainability